I am a fan of cream, but pretty scare of its tremendous calories. That's why I don’t do pasta in cream sauce much.
I reckon I ever read a cream sauce that infused with spring onion and mixed herbs. So, cooked this creamy spring onion & thyme pasta with paprika chicken spontaneously during noon, with my current available ingredients.
Creamy Spring Onion & Thyme Pasta with Paprika Chicken
170 ~ 180 g dried pasta fusilli (/ penne)
1 pc (~225 g) skinless n boneless chicken breast (I used 菜園雞 country chicken)
1/4 tsp paprika
salt & pepper
3/4 cup thickened cream
1/2 TBsp fresh thyme, chopped finely
2 1/2 TBsp edge-cut spring onion
2 1/2 TBsp grated cheese (used Emmental cheese)
salt & pepper
optional: chili flakes
- Beforehand. Rub and marinate chicken breast with paprika, salt & pepper, and a bit of olive oil for at least 2 hours.
- Over medium low heat, heat thickened cream (double cream) in a saucer pan, stirring, add in chopped fresh thyme and spring onion, when the cream turns bubbling, turn to low heat, stirring and simmer for 5 minutes, salt & pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- In a separate pan, heat a bit of olive oil, pan-fry chicken breast over medium or medium low heat on both sides until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meantime, bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Add in the fusilli, bring back to boil. Sprinkle in 1 tsp of salt, turn to medium heat, cook the pasta till al dente (firm still to the bite but cooked through, check out the pasta package). Drain.
- Immediately transfer the just drained fusilli onto the cream, add in the grated cheese, toss the pasta with cream sauce over low heat. Remove from heat.