23 Oct 2012

Matcha Scones


I am a fan of matcha stuff. Anything with matcha green tea: cakes, biscuits, ice-cream...you name it, are fine for me. And I quite like scones, though to my family members a nay. I attempted on making my own Matcha Green Tea Scones just now. Real happy with the result, hmm…it’s soft, flaky, or should I say fluffy.

Matcha Scones
(I)
1 cup AP flour 
1 tsp Japanese maccha powder
2 TBsp caster sugar
1/4 ~ 1/5 tsp salt
4/5 tsp baking powder
1/5 tsp baking soda
(II)
40 g cold unsalted butter, cubed & chilled
(III)
2.5 TBsp cold plain yogurt + 2.5 TBsp cold thickened cream
Yeild:  8 mini / 6 medium / 4 large scones 

1. Sift all ingredients (I) AP flour, maccha powder, caster sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda into a mixing bowl. Use a hand whisk to whisk till all combined.
2. Use a food processor, or cut in (II) chilled butter cubes with a kitchen scrapper to the flour mixture. Rub the remaining butter with fingertips till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Mix-in (III) yogurt and cream mixture to the flour mixture forming a rough soft dough. Knead the dough twice.
4. Transfer the dough to a floured cutting board. Lightly flour the top. Pat into 2.5 cm thick round shape, cut into 4 or 6 wedges. I pat into 2 round doughs, cut each into 4 mini scones.
5. Place on a greased & lined baking tray. Leave some space between the scones. Brush the top with some milk.
6. Bake at 215°C for 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

Enjoy with a cuppa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...