7 Aug 2012

Baked Eggs in Ham Cups


Baked these savory eggs in ham cups for brunch. Get such super easy idea by chance when I surfed about egg muffins over the net. The egg itself resembles half-boiled egg, or maybe poached egg, i.e. the yolk remains runny soft still.

Baked Eggs in Ham Cups
6 eggs
6 slices of ham (used chicken ham here)
ground black pepper
1/2 green chili, chopped
butter, for greasing
Servings: 3 ~ 6

1. Grease muffin pan with butter. Place a slice of ham into each cup (I made them into some flower shapes).

2. Crack an egg onto each slice of ham. Dash some black pepper and sprinkle some chopped green chili.

3. Bake at 175°C for 10 (runny yolk) to 13 (harder yolk) minutes according to your preference.  

I had the baked eggs with my freshly baked sourdough bread, spread with butter, also a big squeeze of yellow mustard and tomato sauce. Yum! I think the yellow mustard was real crucial here, cause I didn’t season the egg much.
 

Anyway, two egg cups in a time were just too filling even for a brunch, as I prepared also some baked beans, butter-pan-fry-tomato and mushroom soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...