20 Jun 2012

Pumpkin & Walnut Muffins


So far, this is my most delicious muffin recipe. 

My mum loves pumpkin. She left some pumpkin cut in my fridge. I got some yogurt so I thought perhaps I should experiment a bit. The result was overwhelming. I can guarantee my mum will love it

Pumpkin & Walnut Muffins
(A)
1 cup AP flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking power
pinch of baking soda
1/5 tsp salt
1/4 cup walnut, coarsely chopped
(B)
1 egg
1/3 cup yogurt (natural fresh)
1/3 cup corn oil / melted butter
1 TBsp golden syrup (maple flavour)
130 g pumpkin, steamed
(C)
2 TBsp pumpkin seeds

As for the pumpkin, remove its seeds and middle fiber stuff, steam for 15 to 20 minutes. Use a spoon, scoop the tender flesh out, discard the skin, and mash the flesh into soft puree.

In a large mixing bowl, by a hand whisk, whisk all ingredients of (A). Make a well in the centre.

In a separate bowl, use a hand whisk, break the egg with corn oil, add the yogurt and golden syrup whisk till combined, and then whisk in pumpkin puree. No need to whisk till light and fluffy.

Pour the egg mixture into the well of flour mixture. Transfer to a spatula, gently press the flour to the liquid to moisten. Important: do not over-mix it, little lumps are fine.

Scoop to a pre-greased muffin pan, or muffin liners. Sprinkle some pumpkin seeds on top.

Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for 20 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to let cool.

Enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...