24 May 2012

Beef Pepperoni & Mushroom Pizza


Pizza time again.

When I first start learning pizza making, I got the recipes from whatscookingamerica.net. And this is one of my current standard dough recipes, an adapted one from that site.

Sometimes I would pre-ready the pizza dough for instance during weekend or maybe after dinner when I’m free, and then store it inside my fridge. So the next day or on the following week when I get home after a day’s work, I can easily use the dough.

Pizza Dough
125 g bread flour
180 g sourdough starter
1 TBsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt

- Refresh the starter setting aside for 8 to 12 hours. Measure out as needed; keep the balance in the fridge for the next time.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients to form a rough dough.
- Transfer to lightly floured surface, knead till elastic & smooth. (Note: Depending the thickness of your starter, if the rough dough is rather dry, add in more water for 1 TBsp in a time; if too wet, add-in some flour 1 TBsp in a time.) I hand-kneaded for 12 minutes. Round to a ball. Place it onto a lightly oiled bowl.
- Coverred. Let proof in a warm place for 30 minutes (if of making the pizza straight out, I would proof for about 90 minutes). And then store the dough in the fridge making the pizza the next day upto a week.

This recipe makes 2 ~ 3 servings. Either store the whole dough as one, or, if you wish to have individual pizzas or baking at different times: divide it into 2 or 3 portions and mould them into balls. Store inside a lightly oiled container with lid. I use a cooking-spray oiled plastic bag with seal.

x      x      x

This was the pizza I made on the next day. Ok, my mum loves pizza. She asked this time,
“As thin-crust as possible!”
“Yes, ma’am!”

Beef Pepperoni & Mushroom Pizza
pizza dough, prepared in advance
barbeque sauce (used original flavour)
beef pepperoni
fresh button mushroom, sliced
capsicums, sliced
onion, sliced
grated cheese

Take the pre-prepared pizza dough out the fridge. Bring it to room temperature for half an hour. Meantime, wash, cut, slice and prepare the necessary for toppings.

Transfer the dough on a floured surface, sprinkle some flour on top. Roll out by using rolling pin as desired, or, pat & stretch the dough on a pre-greased pan accordingly. (I made the special request: as thin as possible.)

Let it proof for 20 minutes in a warm place. (I slide it into a closed oven with a bowl of hot boiling water.)

Brush the dough with olive oil. Spread on top with some barbeque sauce. Place all the toppings in 1 layer. Sprinkle some grated cheese.

Bake in a preheated oven at 195°C for 15 to 20 minutes, or the cheese is melted and bubbly. Done.


My mum said it was the tastiest pizza that I have ever made. I think she was into the toppings. By the way, thin crust is dearly crispy. Thin crust, duh.
x      x      x

And, this one was using the dough which sat in the fridge for one week. 


My mum kinda busy-body here,
“That means, the pizza dough becomes ‘more sour’, right?”
“Hahaaa. Clever…mum.”
Well, I personally don't find the crust sourer, but it seemed chewier??

That is why I like this pizza dough recipe a lot. I can have pizza after work. I confess I often do not even measure the ingredients exactly what is, just sourdough starter, additional flour, plus some salt, butter/olive oil, water and knead to a dough or something. Once grasp the basic, pizza dough is not difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...