2 Apr 2012

Pineapple Mushroom Chicken Pizza

Saturday. I made an 11 by 11” pizza for my nieces.

Pizza making is just fun & fairly easy. Pizza sauce, pizza crust & the toppings.

Pizza sauce
Pizza sauce can be a very simple combination of tomato puree with your favourite herbs. For e.g. just tomato puree, minced onion, olive oil, oregano, bay leave, and salt & pepper to taste. Some people like it with dried basil leaves. Some people go for mayonnaise & barbeque sauce or so.

The sauce I made this time:
1 can tomato puree (8 oz), 1/2 medium small onion (minced), 3 cloves minced garlic, 1 tsp oregano, 2 bay leaves, 1/2 tsp parsley flakes, 1/4 tsp Italian mixed herbs, 1/3 tsp salt, dashes of black pepper, 1.5 tsp brown sugar, 1 TBsp olive oil.

- Over medium heat, sauté onion till fragrant with olive oil, add in garlic continue to sauté just a little. Add tomato puree with all the herbs, sugar, salt & pepper to taste. Turn to low heat, simmer for a couple of minutes till sauce thicken.


Pizza dough
I love sourdough. The last one I did with 1 to 1 (in volume, not in weight): 1 part of sourdough starter,1 part of bread flour. I reckon I read a pizza dough that with in volumn 1 part of sourdough starter, 5 parts of flour. I wanna give it a try. (I put less sugar & salt in bread making, you can opt for double quantity.)

70 g sourdough starter, 210 g bread flour, 100 g water, 2 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 2/3 tsp instant yeast.

- I did my usual hand knead thingy. 1st rise: 1 hour. Use rolling pin rolling out a thin flat piece, transfer to an olive oil greased pan, press & stretch accordingly, dock a little. 2nd rise: 20 minutes. Bake at 190°C in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.



The Toppings
To me, this is the fun part: choosing your toppings. I love to jam my pizza on every single inch with various colours & an assortment of toppings.

This time I went for:
# Mushroom chicken sausage, chicken meat loaf, canned mushroom, pineapple (in syrup), red & yellow capsicums, shredded cheese.

- Brush olive oil over the baked crust, spread a layer of pizza sauce, sprinkle some shredded cheese, arrange all # in one layer, sprinkle again shredded cheese. Bake once again in a pre-heated oven at 190°C for 12 ~ 15 minutes.


Alright, time for dinner!!

The smiling faces from my nieces are always priceless. The elder liked the pizza with her ketchup. The infant one loved the frosting icing thing, sausage & mushroom. My mum wished it has more topping-layers. My bro preferred thin crust he said. My father liked the capsicums & with his chili sauce. As usual I ate pizza with my chili flakes.

We attacked the whole pizza, but only took half of the cupcakes. Fulled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...