1 Apr 2012

Chocolate Cupcake


I did heaps of muffins, & some cakes sometimes. But I couldn’t believe myself why I had never done any cupcakes so far. Yea, that a cake in a cup thing. I don’t even own proper cupcake tins.

Ok, I asked my two little nieces to come over for dinner on last Saturday (as their mum went outstation trip). I thought they might love to have some cupcakes & pizza.

I chose a Chocolate Cupcake recipe from Alex Goh. Alex told it would even tastes better on the 2nd day. So, I did it on the Friday night on a half-recipe basis. I chop part of the sugar though.

Chocolate Cupcake              (recipe from Alex Goh)
(A)
160 caster sugar (note: I used 100 g)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
(B)
100 g milk
90 g dark chocolate
(C)
100 g butter, melted
(D)
120 g flour  (used cake flour)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
Yeild: 10

Of part (D) sift all in a bowl, use hand whisk to combine. Of part (B), use double boiler, melt chopped dark chocolate, add milk & stir till smooth (leave them on the double boiler to keep warm).

By an electrical mixer, beat (A) caster sugar, eggs & vanilla till creamy, medium speed about a minute.

Turn to a spatula (I like to use a hand whisk, faster) mix-in (B) chocolate milk mixture to (A) egg mixture till combined, then add (C) melted butter and mix well. Gradually pour in (D) flour & mix until well combined.

Fill pre-greased cupcake liners till 90% full. Bake at 190°C in a pre-heated oven for 18 ~ 20 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven. Cool on wire rack.
 (excuse the tart tins...do use cupcake tins instead)

The chocolate aroma filled every corner of my house. I can’t wait till tomorrow,  I bite one right away. It was moist & soft. Well, 1 down, 9 left.

Here came a question, should I frost them? Rather a newbie in icing stuff, I have never done any frosting before. I checked my compound chocolate, it’s not enough to make ganache. Butter cream, my mum dislikes it. In my fridge, there’s a block of cream cheese. I decided to give cream cheese frosting a try.

Next question, matching colour + flavour. My limited stock only allows pink or green, also, I only have almond, orange, mint, pandan & vanilla. Pandan is totally out. Green + mint are cool, but my nieces might thought those are some toothpaste! Out! I ended up with orange cream cheese frosting with no orange colour. >"<)

My very first frosting. Excuse the messiness. But I still did them. *phew...* Ahem, the kids won't realise one...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...