14 Mar 2012

Carrot & Pineapple Muffins

Making muffin is fairly easy. Always remember: do not over-mix it. I did these muffins last Tuesday. Non-sweet, but yummy yummy.


Carrot & Pineapple Muffins
(I)
125 g all purpose flour
45 g caster sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1/8 tsp nutmeg powder
1/5 tsp salt
(II)
1 large egg
70 g milk with 3/4 tsp of vinegar
55 g corn oil (or melted unsalted butter)
(III)
80 g grated carrots
12 cubes pineapple (in can, further diced smaller, lightly squeezed away excess syrup)
              
Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease 6 muffin liners (no. 11) or muffin pan.

In a large bowl, sieve all ingredients (I) & whisk to combine. Make a well in the centre.

In a medium bowl, use a hand whisk, whisk (II) egg, soured milk & oil until combined.

Pour the egg mixture into the well of flour mixture. Use a spatula lightly mix until just moistened. Do not over mix, little lumps are ok. Gently fold in (III) carrot & pineapple.


Scoop & fill muffin cups evenly. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. My oven baked 23 minutes.

Remove from oven & let cool on a wire rack. Serve & enjoy.
Note:
For even better taste, use butter milk instead of milk. I love butter milk on making my scones, muffins & etc, but I can’t consume one whole carton fast enough before it turns bad. As a compromise, I use milk that stir with little vinegar and aside for a few minutes.

Melted butter is my first choice, if not, I’ll use corn oil. I tried canola + sunflower oil in muffins, but not to my likings.

My recipe would be on the milder side and subtle. If you like a little sweeter, do add sugar to 55 g. You can opt for 1 teaspoon of baking powder & omit the baking soda. Add in your favourite nuts if you want. But I think if of adding more cinnamon & nutmeg powder, then it would be a little overpowering, as the carrot & pineapple are supposed to be the prominent taste here.

2 comments:

  1. That's an unusual combination, carrot and pineapple! Looks really good though. I'm followin' ya ai!
    --G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @G
      yoroshiku!m(__)m
      stay in touch my friend.
      ~ai

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...